Monday 29 October 2012

Barbora's testimony in Thorner Pre-school

My name is Barbora Látalová and I come from Czech Republic. Before my EVS I finished my studies at the Pedagogic Faculty in Olomou, where I studied pedagogy for primary- and pre school and German.  I wanted to try something new,  get more life experiences, improve my English and meet new people… That’s why I wanted to do an EVS. 

My first week in the UK was nice. My house mates and all people in the Everything’s possible office were really friendly and helpful. The following two weeks I had a little cultural schock. The cars were driving on the „wrong side“, There were rubbish on stress, cheerful bus drivers and very polite people everywhere.

Another thing that shocked me was that in my project, Thorner Pre School, it could be between 4-6 teachers working at the same time in a quite small room with a small group of children (12-18).


Now I help with the everyday life in the Pre school in my project. I play with the children, make art and craft and we often go outside. 

In the future, I would like to start some new sport activities  with the children.

Barbora, long term volunteer in Thorner Pre-school (Leeds)


Project part of With YOUth in Mind
and supported by the British Council
and the Youth in Action programme
of the European Commission